March 2013, Volume... (12)
January 2013, Volume... (11)
November 2012, Volume... (15)
September 2012, Volume... (16)
July 2012, Volume... (12)
May 2012, Volume XXII,... (13)
March 2012, Volume... (11)
January 2012, Volume... (10)
November 2011, Volume... (16)
September 2011, Volume... (15)
July 2011, Volume XXI,... (12)
May 2011, Volume XXI... (16)
March 2011, Volume XXI... (16)
January 2011, Volume... (13)
November 2010, Volume... (14)
September 2010, Volume... (16)
July 2010, Volume XX,... (13)
May 2010, Volume XX,... (16)
March 2010, Volume XX,... (15)
January 2010, Volume... (14)
November 2009, Volume... (11)
September 2009, Volume... (13)
July 2009, Volume XIX,... (11)
May 2009, Volume XIX,... (9)
April 2009, Volume... (11)
February 2009, Volume... (10)
December 2008, Volume... (13)
October 2008, Volume... (12)
August 2008, Volume... (10)
June 2008, Volume... (11)
April 2008, Volume... (10)
February 2008, Volume... (10)
December 2007, Volume... (13)
October 2007, Volume... (10)
Presidents Message: Thank You to Our Many, Loyal Chapter Members for Another Great Year!
Another year is in the books. We have done our reflection on 2010 and we are moving - full speed ahead - into 2011. On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Boston Area Chapter of ISPE, thank you for being a member of our Chapter.
2010 was a challenging year for many of our members and their organizations. We are proud to say that for our Chapter 2010 was not without its highlights. Our planning and efforts paid off as our Chapter was recognized with the award of three prestigious citations from the ISPE. These awards included:
- Platinum Grand Award for Excellence and Innovation, also known as the "Chapter of the Year" Award.
- Award for Innovation in Member Services which stressed our efforts to provide a wide diversity of events and programs throughout the year.
- Award for Innovation in Special Events, which highlighted the CPIPTM Study Group led by Past President Doyle Johnson, another innovative and valuable service to Members.
This is a reflection on the dedication and hard work of our many volunteers and, of course, the robust attendance that you, our membership provide. So thank you for helping make 2010 a great success for the Boston Area Chapter.
For 2011, your Board and all of our Committee volunteers have already planned a great slate of programs and socials. What makes all this possible is the incredible level of volunteerism we have here in our Chapter, truly one of our strategic advantages.
There are several new initiatives we are rolling out in 2011, so please watch for announcements regarding the following:
- Our first-ever Scholarship Program.
- Our Sponsorship Program, which will provide a vehicle for Vendors to sponsor a variety of programs and activities at different levels.
- The Student Leadership Forum, which the Boston Area Chapter will host for the first time in cooperation with the Delaware Valley, New Jersey and New England Chapters. This is an all-day event for members of ISPE Student Chapters. Locally we enjoy great relationships with Northeastern, UMass Amherst, UMass Lowell, Tufts and UNH. And we hope to formally welcome WPI in January of 2011. We expect Student Member attendees from the NY/NJ/PA areas to attend as well.
- Our first-ever "Dual Track" Educational Program on January 20th, which will feature two simultaneous presentations on the topic of automation, one designed for Young Professionals and the other for seasoned industry veterans.
So, as you can see our commitment to turn over rocks in our attempts to provide you with more value for your membership commitment.
With all of our activities we always welcome new volunteers. After all, volunteers are the grist that feeds the ISPE mill! The Board of Directors will be in attendance at our post Holiday Social on January 13th at Flat Top Johnny's. So join us to help kick off the year and be sure to let us know if you'd like to support the Chapter's efforts by volunteering. Whether you have lots of time to devote, or only a little, we have a job for you!
As always, please send us your ideas, questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org - or you can reach me at 617-869-8287. I look forward to a year of great dialog with many successful programs and events and hope to see you at an event in 2011.
President, ISPE Boston Area Chapter