Chair: Eric Felz, Takeda
The mission of the newly formed Diversity & Inclusion Initiative is to foster diversity and inclusiveness within the ISPE community for members from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and work experiences within the pharmaceutical industry through the following actions:
- Create opportunities for engagement and discourse related to issues of diversity and inclusion through ISPE events.
- Coordinate with groups such as NSBE and WOCIP to establish partnerships towards mutual goals of diversity and inclusion.
- Develop programs and/or scholarships to provide educational opportunities for individuals from underrepresented groups within the ISPE community.
- Sponsor ISPE memberships for individuals from underrepresented groups newly entering the pharmaceutical industry workforce.
- Foster cultural awareness and expose current and future ISPE members to diversity inclusion
The D&I Initiative meets on a regular basis throughout the year with additional project-focused meetings as needed.