Eni Adedokun El-Wadi, Takeda
The mission of the newly formed Ethnocultural Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (EDEI) Committee is to foster diversity and inclusiveness within the ISPE community for members from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and work experiences within the pharmaceutical industry through the following actions:
- Create opportunities for engagement and discourse related to issues of diversity and inclusion through ISPE events.
- Coordinate with groups such as NSBE and WOCIP to establish partnerships towards mutual goals of diversity and inclusion.
- Develop programs and/or scholarships to provide educational opportunities for individuals from underrepresented groups within the ISPE community.
- Sponsor ISPE memberships for individuals from underrepresented groups newly entering the pharmaceutical industry workforce.
- Foster cultural awareness and expose current and future ISPE members to diversity inclusion
The Ethnocultural Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (EDEI) Committee meets on a regular basis throughout the year with additional project-focused meetings as needed.