As a professional in an organization, you benefit greatly by improving your public speaking skills. Whether you’re presenting to a group of clients, colleagues or leaders in your organization, you need to be effective in getting your message across. Common concerns you might face before & during a presentation can include: Do I come across as knowledgeable and credible? Am I being engaging enough and generating enough interest in my message? Can they tell I’m nervous? Can I answer questions convincingly? This workshop program is based on Mary Cheyne’s Best Selling book “Present” Yourself in Public Speaking – Tell Your Inner Critic to SHUT UP! And the Real You to SPEAK UP! You will receive effective tools to bypass your inner critic and allow your authentic and most confident self to shine through. Breakthrough to a new level of public speaking that will get you noticed in your organization!
In this workshop you will learn:
• How to speak powerfully & authentically under pressure.
• How to bypass the number one saboteur in public speaking, your inner critic.
• How to own your power as an expert in your field & be able to translate your brilliance on stage.
Vertex Auditorium, 50 Northern Ave., Boston, MA
- Metered Parking along Seaport Blvd
- Watermark Seaport Garage; 44 Autumn Lane, operated by LAZ
- Fan Pier Garage; 1 Marina Park Drive, operated by Pilgrim parking
- Northern Ave garage; 100 Northern Ave, operated by Pilgrim Parking
- Surface lot at 321 Congress St., operated by LAZ
5:30 PM – Registration and Networking Reception
6:15 PM – Introductions, Vertex's iWILL Program, and Presentation
8:30 PM – Post Program Networking
Mary Cheyne, MBA, is a Transformational Public Speaking Trainer & Coach.
She has trained over 15,000 people in over 30 cities around the world and has coached hundreds of individuals on how to communicate clearly & authentically in front of audiences as well as in personal conversations. She also taught communications-related classes at Northeastern University in Boston for 7 years. Mary is the author of the Best Selling book “Present” Yourself in Public Speaking – Tell Your Inner Critic to SHUT UP! And the Real You to SPEAK UP! She is the 2009 World Championship of Public Speaking second place winner out of 25,000 contestants from 14 countries. Mary’s communications accolades have been featured in publications such as The Boston Globe and The World Journal. She has appeared on TV Shows as well many radio and podcast interviews.
Early Bird (Ends 05/15/2019)
ISPE Young Professionals Member: $15
ISPE Student Members: FREE
ISPE Young Professionals Member: 20
ISPE Student Members: $5
* Registration Fee Includes a Copy of the Speaker's Book: “Present” Yourself in Public Speaking – Tell Your Inner Critic to SHUT UP! And the Real You to SPEAK UP!
Caren Jenkins, B&V Testing
Kathy Marini, CRB
Thank you to our sponsors:
BV Certco - GOLD SPONSOR
Alexion Pharmaceuticals - GOLD SPONSOR
Hyde Engineering + Consulting - GOLD SPONSOR
Sponsorships are still available! Download a sponsorship form here.